Friday, July 30, 2010

My Chair

Looking from the front it sets on the first row to the right. It may seem ordinary to you. I am for sure it goes unnoticed by others. However for me I am tied to it. It is symbolic. It is my healthy day, a burst of fresh air, a smile from a friend,  tears for my savior, my chance to belong, my sanctuary. I think about it every day of the week. It never leaves my thoughts. It reminds me of a better tomorrow. It gives me hope for the future. It makes me feel strong when I am weak. From it I have seen and heard  messages delivered from God. When it is empty I am sad and when it is full 'my cup runneth over'. I am blessed to have it. Blessed to use it. Blessed to experience it. From it 'mine eyes have seen the glory' and I have found 'amazing grace'. It is my refuge. My place to turn. It is where God speaks volumes to my heart. It is my something to look forward to. My soft place to land. It is my time for peace. It is my certainty in a world of uncertainties. My longing for understanding. It is my safe haven, a place to hide while being revealed. It is my chance to be well.

It is...........my chair.




*Written about my seat at church.

1 comment:

  1. When it is empty, I am sad, too! Miss seeing you there. But, when it must be empty, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete