Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Am Not, But I Know I Am


I promise to blog on this really soon. However I know so many of you are wanting to see the progress. So I am posting a picture now and will return to blog later on. My work is in the lower right hand corner under the slash through the middle. The top part is Melody. =) We decided to divide the canvas last Sunday and work on our own sections. It is really neat to see how it is coming along and ties in together!! This Sunday I will be painting ALL three services! So please pray for me!! I have to run now, but promise to blog later!!! Be sure to check back for the update! You don't want to miss this blog! The title says it all!! =)


***UPDATE***

In the book of Exodus, inside the story of Moses and the burning bush, for the first time in recorded history, God tells us His name. Moses asks when I come to the children of Israel and they ask what is Your name, what do I say to them?? God replies, "I AM WHO I AM". God tells Moses to say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you. (Exodus 3:13-15)

This was our message for the third week of "Canvas",I am not, but I know I Am. It takes us out of the picture and puts God in the picture. God wanted us to know His name and it is I AM. Since His name is I Am, our name is I Am Not. Who is going to take care of us? I AM When life gets hard and we want to give in, who is going to stand beside us to make sure we pull through?? I AM Who is going to be a father to my child?? I AM Who is going to take care of me when I am sick?? I AM Who is going to make sure we are fed?? I AM Who is going to love me?? I AM The list just goes on and on. IV explained this beautifully. It was what has been my favorite message in all the history of Epic.

Now the artwork. It has been very intense for me as this message has progressed. I have had to take myself out of the canvas and put God in. It has not been easy. Being sick, the focus has always been on my health, my entire life. Everyone I love around me is constantly watching and waiting for me to conquer my health. So often I pray to God, please make me well, please heal me, I know you can do it, please. However that is not making it about Him. My disease, although it doesn't overpower me, it still exists. Something I have learned in the past few years is my purpose for being sick. I don't believe I am sick by luck of the draw. It isn't an accident. Everything in His plan is perfect. There are no defects. God makes no mistakes......not even the scar on my lip. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment